Written By:Scattered Thoughts Of A Crafty Mom
- 1 large avocado
- salt and pepper
- softened butter
- 8 slices of bread (sourdough, multigrain, white-your choice-)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced with seeds removed (Removing the seedy parts will keep the tomato from getting to watery)
- 4 slices cheese (Provolone, havarti, white cheddar- your choice)
- Mash avocado, season with salt and pepper to taste. (If you like it spicy, add a dash or two of your fave hot sauce.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each bread. Add avocado to the non buttered side. Place bread in skillet butter side down.
- Layer tomato and cheese over avocado and top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- Reduce heat to medium low if necessary.
- Use spatula to check bottom for doneness. (toasted and golden brown.)
- Flip sandwich, pressing a bit with the spatula to help melt and spread the cheese. Continue toasting until second side is golden brown.