This chocolate mousse recipe is simply delicious and it’s a great dessert choice because all the preparation is done ahead of time, so you can spend more time chatting to friends and less time stressing out in the kitchen!
300g milk chocolate, chopped
3 eggs at room temp, separated
2 tbsp castor sugar
1 cup thickened cream
1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
grated dark chocolate
- Place milk chocolate in a large, heatproof, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50%) for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon until melted.
- Set aside for five minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Using an electric hand beater, beat the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form.
- Sprinkle sugar over the egg whites.
- Beat until thick and glossy.
- Using a large metal spoon, fold half the egg white mixture into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream and hazelnuts into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Spoon mixture into twelve 1/3-cup capacity glasses.
- Place on a tray and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for four hours or until firm.
- Top with grated chocolate just before serving.